Most businesses are trying to develop an overarching strategy for their audience data, but few have managed to actually implement a strategy, according to recent research from Winterberry Group and the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB).
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September and October 2019 among 100 advertisers, marketers, publishers, technology developers, and marketing service providers, with most respondents based in North America.
Some 53% of respondents say their firm has taken steps to develop an overarching strategy to govern how it collects, manages, shares, and uses audience data, up from 49% in 2017:
However, only 16% of respondents say their firm has successfully implemented an overarching strategy to govern how it collects, manages, shares, and uses audience data.
Organizations that describe themselves as extremely data-centric are actually less likely to have implemented an overarching audience data strategy, with just 8% saying they have done so:
Only 19% of respondents say their firm is well prepared or extremely well prepared to deal with recently passed or enacted regulations governing consumers' personal data:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September and October, 2019, of 100 advertisers, marketers, publishers, technology developers, and marketing service providers, with most respondents based in North America.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show