Most businesses are trying to develop an overarching strategy for their audience data, but few have managed to actually implement a strategy, according to recent research from Winterberry Group and and the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB).
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September and October 2019 among 100 advertisers, marketers, publishers, technology developers, and marketing service providers, with most respondents based in North America.
Some 53% of respondents say their firm has taken steps to develop an overarching strategy to govern how it collects, manages, shares, and uses audience data, up from 49% in 2017:
However, only 16% of respondents say their firm has successfully implemented an overarching strategy to govern how it collects, manages, shares, and uses audience data.
Organizations that describe themselves as extremely data-centric are actually less likely to have implemented an overarching audience data strategy, with just 8% saying they have done so:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Profit-Mapping Helps You Avoid Using the Ways of the Past to Manage the Challenges of the Future
- What Is Marketing Orchestration? [Infographic]
- The Marketing Agency Attributes Clients Value Most
- Reaching and Persuading Buyers at a Time of Crisis: What B2B CMOs Can Do
- B2B Senior Marketer Survey: The Most Effective Approaches for 2020 [Infographic]