Agencies say the most common mistakes they make when managing clients' digital advertising campaigns are payment failures, forgetting to turn spend off, and offending target audiences, according to recent research from Morphio.
The report was based on data from a survey of 301 digital marketing leaders at agencies.
One-third of respondents say their agency has had issues with credit card/payment failures. Some 31% say they have accidentally left campaign spend on, and 31% say they have offended the target audience with an ad.
Other common mistakes include publishing dead, incorrect, or broken links/forms (29% cite it as a mistake they've made); incorrect targeting (29%); broken tracking (28%); campaign over/underspending (27%); and having ads flagged (24%).
Respondents say the best ways to avoid campaign mistakes are to use marketing software programs with rule-based notifications (46%) and to use AI to help monitor for anomalies or mistakes (44%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 301 digital marketing leaders at agencies.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The PPC Power Players: Ad Platforms Making a Big Impact in 2023
- The Top 50 Podcasts in the United States [Infographic]
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Identifying the Best Advertising Strategy for Your Business | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- YouTube's Rebound: Ad Revenue Forecasts for 2023-24