Public relations and communications professionals say analytics and storytelling are the two tactics or skills that they anticipate will increase most in importance in the next 12 months, according to recent research from JOTW and Sword and the Script.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February and March 2020 among 300 PR and communications professionals.
In addition to data and analytics and storytelling, respondents cite content marketing, business social responsibility, and thought leadership as the other top tactics/skills they expect to become more important in the next 12 months.
PR and communications professionals say the top challenges they face are measuring the impact of their efforts and dealing with executive teams that don't understand their work.
Some 70% of PR and communications professionals say the media relations function is becoming more difficult.
Just over half (52%) of respondents say embargoes are still an important media relations tool, 64% say exclusives are still an important tool, and 61% say press releases are still an important tool.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February and March 2020 among 300 PR and communications professionals.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Public Relations:
- Ethical Marketing Practices for Businesses of All Sizes
- How to Get the Most Out of Radio or Podcast Appearances to Amplify Your Message via Audio Media
- Top 5 Social Media PR Tips for B2B Brands
- PR and Its Importance in B2B Marketing: A Brief History
- How to Keep Your PR Email List Healthy to Get More Media Coverage
- Three Social Media PR Tips for Driving B2B Brand Visibility