The report was based on data from a survey of 734 marketing professionals (37% of respondents work for B2B firms, 25% for agencies, 19% for B2C firms, and 19% for other types of firms).
Some 56% of marketers surveyed say data measurement and analysis is an essential skill for aspiring marketers.
Other highly rated skills include the ability to create content that performs well on search and social media (47% of marketers cite it) and the ability to craft persuasive copy (34%). More essential skills are noted in the chart:
Marketers also say the activities that have been most instrumental in furthering their careers are subscribing to marketing blogs, videos, websites, etc .; receiving mentoring from someone in the marketing field; and studying resources, such as marketing e-books and conference videos.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 734 marketing professionals (37% of respondents work for B2B firms, 25% for agencies, 19% for B2C firms, and 19% for other types of firms).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- How to Cultivate Curiosity Throughout Your Career [Infographic]
- What Employers Look for When Hiring Social Media Managers
- Many Roads to CMO: The Backgrounds of 20 Top Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Reach the Right Candidates With Programmatic Recruitment
- Digital Marketing Salary Trends for 2022
- The Top 10 Workplace Skills Trending on Search [Infographic]