Marketers say data measurement and analysis is the most important skill for aspiring marketers to have, according to recent research from SparkToro.
The report was based on data from a survey of 734 marketing professionals (37% of respondents work for B2B firms, 25% for agencies, 19% for B2C firms, and 19% for other types of firms).
Some 56% of marketers surveyed say data measurement and analysis is an essential skill for aspiring marketers.
Other highly rated skills include the ability to create content that performs well on search and social media (47% of marketers cite it) and the ability to craft persuasive copy (34%). More essential skills are noted in the chart:
Marketers also say the activities that have been most instrumental in furthering their careers are subscribing to marketing blogs, videos, websites, etc .; receiving mentoring from someone in the marketing field; and studying resources, such as marketing e-books and conference videos.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 734 marketing professionals (37% of respondents work for B2B firms, 25% for agencies, 19% for B2C firms, and 19% for other types of firms).
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Career Development Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Development:
- How to Authentically Brand Yourself in a Digital World | MarketingProfs Live Show
- The Digital Marketing Jobs That Will Be Disrupted Most by AI
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen The Right Career: Christoph Trappe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Responsibilities and Backgrounds of Copywriters
- Want to Beat the Average CMO Tenure? Remake Your Role.
- What Americans Value Most in a Job [Infographic]