The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2020 among 264 marketers (41% work for B2C firms, 34% for B2B firms, 25% for hybrid firms).
Some 73% of marketers say audience targeting is one of the most effective tactics for a programmatic advertising program. Other top tactics include keyword targeting (41% cite it as among the most effective), retargeting (27%), and contextual targeting (26%).
Some 46% of marketers say audience targeting is among their top challenges when executing a programmatic advertising strategy. Other top challenges include budget allocation (37% cite it as an issue) and personalization (32%).
Marketers say the most meaningful metrics they use to judge the effectiveness of programmatic advertising campaigns are return on investment (61% cite it) and return on ad spend (38%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2020 among 264 marketers (41% work for B2C firms, 34% for B2B firms, 25% for hybrid firms).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- US B2B Digital Advertising Forecast for 2020-2021
- How Marketers Can Protect Their Online Ad Dollars From Fraud
- Eight Common Campaign Management Mistakes Agencies Make
- The Anatomy and Current State of Programmatic Advertising [Infographic]
- Advertising During the COVID-19 Outbreak: What Audiences Want