The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2020 among 264 marketers (41% work for B2C firms, 34% for B2B firms, 25% for hybrid firms).
Some 73% of marketers say audience targeting is one of the most effective tactics for a programmatic advertising program. Other top tactics include keyword targeting (41% cite it as among the most effective), retargeting (27%), and contextual targeting (26%).
Some 46% of marketers say audience targeting is among their top challenges when executing a programmatic advertising strategy. Other top challenges include budget allocation (37% cite it as an issue) and personalization (32%).
Marketers say the most meaningful metrics they use to judge the effectiveness of programmatic advertising campaigns are return on investment (61% cite it) and return on ad spend (38%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2020 among 264 marketers (41% work for B2C firms, 34% for B2B firms, 25% for hybrid firms).
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The PPC Power Players: Ad Platforms Making a Big Impact in 2023
- The Top 50 Podcasts in the United States [Infographic]
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Identifying the Best Advertising Strategy for Your Business | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- YouTube's Rebound: Ad Revenue Forecasts for 2023-24