B2B marketers say the most essential qualities they look for when choosing which influencers to work with are audience relevance and subject-matter expertise, according to recent research from TopRank Marketing.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted between February 26 and April 26, 2020, among more than 300 marketing and communications professionals who work for B2B firms that engage in influencer marketing.
Fully 91% of B2B marketers say audience relevance is one of the most essential qualities they look for in choosing an influencer.
Some 79% say subject matter expertise is one of the most essential qualities they look for.
Benefits of influencer marketing
Some 84% of marketers say a measurable benefit from working with B2B influencers is brand awareness (reaching new audiences), and 69% say a measurable benefit is lead generation (delivering new contacts).
Top activities with influencers
Some 87% of marketers say their B2B firm turns to influencers to collaborate on content/provide quotes, and 82% say their firm turns to influencers to promote content.
Influencer content types
The most popular content types B2B brands collaborate with influencers on are blog posts (83% do so), videos (67%), webinars (64%), and interviews (59%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between February 26 and April 26, 2020, among more than 300 marketing and communications professionals who work for B2B firms that engage in influencer marketing.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Communities Are the Future of Marketing | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Role of Authenticity in the Online Path to Purchase [Infographic]
- World-Class Case Studies; They Ask, You Answer; and Building Trust on the Internet: Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Product Line Strategy: Five Approaches
- How to Build a Successful Go-to-Market Campaign Plan: Pam Didner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Marketing Growth Triad: Data, Tech, and Creativity