The annual report was based on an in-depth analysis of major global brands undertaken between June and September 2020. The researchers determined the brand valuation based on three key areas: financial return, the role of the brand in driving purchase decisions, and brand loyalty.
Apple ranks as the world's most valuable brand in 2020; it is followed by Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Samsung.
Coca-Cola ranks as the most valuable non-tech brand (sixth on the list). (Interbrand's full ranking of the 100 most valuable brands is here.)
The global brands with the biggest percentage increases in value in 2020 were Amazon (+60%), Microsoft (+53%), Spotify (+52%), Netflix (+41%), and Adobe (+41%).
About the research: The annual report was based on an in-depth analysis of major global brands undertaken between June and September 2020.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Branding:
- The 100 Most Valuable Global Brands in 2023 [Infographic]
- How to Craft Your Brand's Elevator Pitch
- Research: Now Is the Time for Brand Marketing (And Why Data Matters for Brand Marketers)
- Developing an Indispensable Brand-Inspired Growth Strategy | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Brand + Demand: Taking B2B Marketing From Cost Center to Value Center
- The Boomerang Brand: Five Ways to Avoid It and One Time to Embrace It