The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2020 among 907 B2B technology buyers and 227 B2B technology vendors.
Some 58% of buyers say they rely on product demos when evaluating B2B tech purchases, and 51% say they rely on vendor websites.
Other popular information sources include user reviews (45% of buyers say they use), vendor sales reps (43%), and free trials/accounts (41%).
Free trials/accounts are rated by buyers as both the most influential and the most trustworthy sources of information about B2B tech products.
B2B tech vendors say the tactics/content types they use most to engage buyers are marketing collateral, product demos, case studies, websites, and customer references.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2020 among 907 B2B technology buyers and 227 B2B technology vendors.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Martech:
- Martech Replacement Trends for 2023
- Standards Will Solve Data Clean Room Issues—Here's How
- Why Now Is the Time to Embrace a DXP + DAM Martech Solution
- Six Ways to Unlock Web3 for B2B Marketers
- What Cloud Outages Mean for Your Business [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse: Patrik Wilkens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]