The report was based on data from nearly 10 billion worldwide email opens anonymously collected between January 1 and September 30, 2020.
One-third of the email opens examined occurred on the iPhone email client, and 32% occurred in Gmail.
Other popular clients include Apple Mail (10% of opens), Outlook (7%), and Yahoo Mail (5%).
The most popular webmail clients
Gmail is by far the most popular webmail client, accounting for 72% of the webmail opens.
About the research: The report was based on data from nearly 10 billion worldwide email opens anonymously collected between January 1 and September 30, 2020.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email:
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success: Michael Barber on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now: Jay Schwedelson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Email Newsletters: Nine New Best-Practices
- How to Charge Up Your Email Marketing With Video Enhancements
- When and How to Use Plain-Text Email in Marketing: Use Cases, Design Best-Practices
- Email at Scale: How to Increase Campaigns and Manage Complexity