The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2020 among 476 senior digital marketers in North America, Europe, and China.
Just over half (52%) of respondents say improving the ability to personalize experiences based on different criteria is a top priority for their firm's digital marketing leadership in the year ahead, and 42% say improving the performance of digital properties is a top priority.
Some 37% of senior digital marketers say developing more effective segmentation is a top priority for the year ahead.
Top Objectives in the Next 12 Months
Executives say the top objectives of their digital marketing efforts in the next 12 months are acquiring new customers (40% say so) and increasing share-of-spend from key existing customers (39%).
Most In-Demand Skills
Executives say the most desired skills for their digital marketing hires in 2020-2021 are data analysis, marketing automation/software expertise, and UX design.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2020 among 476 senior digital marketers in North America, Europe, and China.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Role of Data in B2B Go-To-Market Strategies
- Four Steps Marketers Can Take to Drive Growth During a Recession
- The Most Important Elements of a B2B Multichannel Strategy
- How to Adapt to Changing B2B Tech Buyer Behavior [Infographic]
- The State of Competitive Intelligence: Four Trends
- Flexibility That's Focused to Attain B2B Marketing Nirvana: Paul Ince on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]