Senior digital marketers say their top areas for capability improvement in the year ahead are personalization, performance, and segmentation, according to recent research from Altimeter.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2020 among 476 senior digital marketers in North America, Europe, and China.
Just over half (52%) of respondents say improving the ability to personalize experiences based on different criteria is a top priority for their firm's digital marketing leadership in the year ahead, and 42% say improving the performance of digital properties is a top priority.
Some 37% of senior digital marketers say developing more effective segmentation is a top priority for the year ahead.
Top Objectives in the Next 12 Months
Executives say the top objectives of their digital marketing efforts in the next 12 months are acquiring new customers (40% say so) and increasing share-of-spend from key existing customers (39%).
Most In-Demand Skills
Executives say the most desired skills for their digital marketing hires in 2020-2021 are data analysis, marketing automation/software expertise, and UX design.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2020 among 476 senior digital marketers in North America, Europe, and China.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- A Beginner's Guide to Using GIFs in Marketing
- Five Critical Areas Salespeople Need to Improve On [Infographic]
- Communities Are the Future of Marketing | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Role of Authenticity in the Online Path to Purchase [Infographic]
- World-Class Case Studies; They Ask, You Answer; and Building Trust on the Internet: Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Product Line Strategy: Five Approaches