The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2020 among 476 senior digital marketers in North America, Europe, and China.
Just over half (52%) of respondents say improving the ability to personalize experiences based on different criteria is a top priority for their firm's digital marketing leadership in the year ahead, and 42% say improving the performance of digital properties is a top priority.
Some 37% of senior digital marketers say developing more effective segmentation is a top priority for the year ahead.
Top Objectives in the Next 12 Months
Executives say the top objectives of their digital marketing efforts in the next 12 months are acquiring new customers (40% say so) and increasing share-of-spend from key existing customers (39%).
Most In-Demand Skills
Executives say the most desired skills for their digital marketing hires in 2020-2021 are data analysis, marketing automation/software expertise, and UX design.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2020 among 476 senior digital marketers in North America, Europe, and China.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Market Research for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Your Evolving Value Proposition: How to Recognize It and Get Ahead of Agency Competitors
- How to Harness the Power of SMS Marketing: A Guide to Best-Practices
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges