The report was based on data from a survey conducted in December 2020 among 151 B2B marketers and 151 B2B salespeople.
Nearly half (46%) of B2B marketers surveyed say their sales team doesn't understand what is important to the marketing team, whereas only 31% of B2B salespeople say their marketing team doesn't understand what's important to the sales team.
Some 58% of salespeople strongly agree with the following statement: "Our marketing and sales teams cooperate effectively." Only 43% of marketers agree with that same statement.
Salespeople and marketers at larger firms (101-150 employees) are most likely to say the alignment between their company's sales and marketing teams is very good or excellent.
Salespeople and marketers at midsize firms (51-100 employees) are most likely to say the alignment between their company's sales and marketing teams is only poor, fair, or good.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in December 2020 among 151 B2B marketers and 151 B2B salespeople.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Demand Generation:
- Attract High-Value Leads With This Five-Step Process
- B2B Revenue Marketing and Closing the Credibility Gap | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Availability Heuristic, Sharks, and Your Marketing
- Crafting a Dynamic Go-to-Market Campaign Plan | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Build a High-Conversion Evergreen Lead Funnel: A Five-Step Guide
- How to Rev Up the B2B Account-Based Demand Engine to Accelerate Results