The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July 2020 among 290 content marketers at for-profit technology companies.
Some 67% of respondents say they expect to invest in website improvements in 2021 and 66% say they expect to invest in content creation.
Other top areas of investment include events (53% of respondents plan to invest in them), paid content distribution (51%), and organic content distribution (45%).
The most commonly used content types by technology content marketers are blog posts (97% say their firm uses them), case studies (83%), email newsletters (83%), and webinars/virtual events (83%).
Technology marketers say the top goals they have achieved with content marketing are creating brand awareness (89% say so), generating demand/leads (86%), and educating audiences (78%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July 2020 among 290 content marketers at for-profit technology companies by MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How Being Strategic About Content Development Can Boost Results and Save Time and Money: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Serious Content Marketing Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- Your First New Content Marketing Tool for 2023 Should Be Your Sales Team
- How to Create a B2B Marketing Podcast in 2023—And Why You Should
- Eight Graphic Design Trends That Will Dominate 2023 [Infographic]
- A Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content: Ann Handley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]