The report was based on data from a survey of 120 senior management executives across companies of various sizes and industry sectors.
Asked about leadership gaps and holes in their marketing organizations, business executives listed the primary areas where they see a need for more skills, proficiency, and capability.
The survey also asked in which performance and value creation areas business leaders are looking for marketing to step up.
The solution, according to business leaders, may not be in-house: Many executives said interim or fractional marketing leaders can add value, primarily by introducing new ideas and ways of thinking into the marketing department:
Other findings from the study:
- Revenue and sales growth is the top deliverable for Marketing, report 80% of survey respondents, with customer acquisition and profitability a close second (71%).
- 69% of business executives say they are extremely or moderately confident in Marketing's ability to lead growth recovery in 2021.
- 84% say they are closely, regularly, or increasingly interacting with their marketing team.
- Collaboration and alignment between lines of business, functional areas, and Marketing is viewed as close, balanced, effective, and well-integrated by 37% of respondents; the same percentage say it is getting better all the time.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 120 senior management executives across companies of various sizes and industry sectors.
Continue reading "C-Suite Survey: The Top 5 Marketing Org Deficiencies" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- B2B Enterprise Marketing Strategy in a Pandemic World: Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Outcomes Are In: Why Outcome-Based Marketing Is So Successful
- Enterprise CMO Survey: How Marketing Ops Could Improve
- How the Pandemic Has Changed Marketing
- The Biggest Benefits of Intent Data for B2B Marketers