The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2021 among 200 B2B marketers, 70% of whom work for companies with more than 250 employees.
Some 95% of respondents believe hybrid B2B event approaches will become more widely used in the coming years.
B2B marketers say hybrid events have a number of benefits, including contributing significantly to the pipeline (88% agree) and providing more data compared with physical events (79%).
Despite believing that hybrid B2B events are likely to become more common, only 24% of marketers say they plan to develop new strategies for hybrid events that prioritize both in-person and virtual audiences.
Marketers say the top elements they hope to incorporate into future B2B hybrid events are technology integrations (CRM, etc.) and the ability to connect in real-time with attendees.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2021 among 200 B2B marketers, 70% of whom work for companies with more than 250 employees.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Events:
- Webinar Invitations: Examples and Best-Practices
- Four B2B Event Marketing Takeaways From TikTok
- Event-Led Growth, A Powerful B2B Marketing Strategy: Mark Kilens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Rethinking Industry Events: Get Comfortable With Flexibility
- Building Communities and the Future of Event Marketing: Mia Masson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Effective Are Marketers at Running Different Types of Events?