The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2021 among 485 marketers.
Half of respondents say data quality is one of the biggest challenges they face when executing a data-driven marketing strategy.
Other top challenges include identifying/using appropriate solutions (33% cite it as a challenge) and interpreting and applying data (31%).
Marketers say the top factors that have had an impact on their data-driven marketing in the past year have been changing consumer behaviors (48%) and technology innovations (36%).
Most respondents (54%) say they are somewhat satisfied with their marketing team's ability to make effective decisions based on customer data.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2021 among 485 marketers.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- What Is Marketing Strategy? A Brief Introduction
- Market Research for B2B Marketing Success: Jim Longo on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Six Popular Colors Convey in Marketing [Infographic]
- The Role of Data in B2B Go-To-Market Strategies
- Four Steps Marketers Can Take to Drive Growth During a Recession
- The Most Important Elements of a B2B Multichannel Strategy