TikTok had the biggest jump in brand value among major global brands in 2021, according to recent research from Brand Finance.
The research was based on a multi-part analysis which included a review of what brands receive for royalty agreements, a look at overall brand strength, and data from a survey of more than 100,000 people around the world (see the report for the full methodology).
TikTok had a 215% increase in brand value in 2021, the biggest of any brand examined. Snap ranked second (+184%) and South Korean internet company Kakao ranked third (+161%).
Alibaba had the biggest drop in brand value (-42%).
Apple ranked as the most valuable global brand. It was followed by Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Walmart.
The researchers found brands in the retail sector have seen the biggest increase in brand value (+46%), in aggregate, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the research: The report was based on a multi-part analysis which included a review of what brands receive for royalty agreements, a look at overall brand strength, and data from a survey of more than 100,000 people around the world.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Branding:
- Companies With the Best and Worst Reputations Among Americans
- The 10 Strongest and Most Valuable Global B2B Brands
- Reframing Brand Measurement: It's Not Who, But Where
- The Most Hated Brand in Countries Around the World [Infographic]
- Expectation Branding: The Value of Losing Quickly and Owning Your Flaws
- Why B2B Marketers and Executives Need Personal Branding in 2023 and Beyond: Christine Gritmon on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]