B2B marketers say their biggest marketing concern is how to generate more leads, whereas B2B salespeople say their biggest marketing concern is how to improve lead quality, according to recent research from SharpSpring and Ascend2.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2022 among 329 marketing and sales professionals who work for B2B firms.
Although both B2B marketers and salespeople cite lead quantity and quality as their biggest concerns pertaining to their firm's marketing efforts in the year ahead, marketers rank generating more leads as their top concern (52% of marketers cite) whereas salespeople rank improving lead quality as their top concern (45% of salespeople cite).
Both B2B marketers and salespeople say that moving leads from education to sales readiness is the buyer experience area most affected by misalignment between Marketing and Sales.
Respondents say the biggest benefits of Marketing and Sales alignment are higher conversions, increased revenue, and a more seamless customer experience.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in February 2022 among 329 marketing and sales professionals who work for B2B firms.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Maximizing Your B2B Marketing Budget: Recession Strategies and Tips | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How Texting Can Deliver Value for Businesses [Infographic]
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks