The report was based on data from a survey of 338 B2B CMOs and senior-level marketing leaders, most of whom work for technology companies financed through private equity or venture capital.
Respondents report receiving a base annual salary of between $200,000 and $250,000, on average, and an average bonus of between 20% and 30% of their base salary.
Male and female CMOs report the same average base salaries, annual bonuses, and equity distributions.
The total average compensation of CMOs at firms that are venture-capital-backed, private-equity-backed, and public is similar, but the proportion of salary, bonuses, and equity differs.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 338 B2B CMOs and senior-level marketing leaders, most of whom work for technology companies financed through private equity or venture capital.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Development:
- Why Employees Are Staying at Their Jobs [Infographic]
- What Top Salespeople Do Differently Across the Sales Cycle [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen the Right Career | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top Skills Among B2B Marketers on LinkedIn
- The Average Tenure of CMOs at Big Companies
- How to Authentically Brand Yourself in a Digital World | Marketing Smarts Live Show