Chief marketing officers in the B2B technology sector receive between $240,000 and $350,000 in annual cash compensation (salary plus bonus), on average, according to recent research from 6sense.
The report was based on data from a survey of 338 B2B CMOs and senior-level marketing leaders, most of whom work for technology companies financed through private equity or venture capital.
Respondents report receiving a base annual salary of between $200,000 and $250,000, on average, and an average bonus of between 20% and 30% of their base salary.
Male and female CMOs report the same average base salaries, annual bonuses, and equity distributions.
The total average compensation of CMOs at firms that are venture-capital-backed, private-equity-backed, and public is similar, but the proportion of salary, bonuses, and equity differs.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 338 B2B CMOs and senior-level marketing leaders, most of whom work for technology companies financed through private equity or venture capital.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Career Management Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- What Americans Value Most in a Job [Infographic]
- Why Tone Matters More Than Ever in Business Communication
- LinkedIn Data: The 10 Most In-Demand Marketing and Sales Skills
- What Will Work Look Like in the Future? [Infographic]
- The 'Cringe' Buzzwords Used Most in LinkedIn Job Posts [Infographic]
- The 30 Companies That Produce the Most Startup Founders [Infographic]