How much do Americans know about emerging technologies? Do they think those technologies will catch on and be good for society?
To find out, YouGov polled 1,000 US adults in April 2022 about their knowledge of and views on 16 technologies such as virtual reality, cryptocurrency, quantum computing, and the metaverse.
The researchers found Americans are most likely to be aware of 3D printing, cryptocurrency, self-driving cars, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence.
Among people who are aware of the technologies, the largest shares of respondents say 3D printing, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, and artificial organs are likely to catch on.
Among people who are aware of the technologies, the largest shares of respondents say 3D printing, artificial organs, and quantum computing will be beneficial for society if they become widespread.
Among people who are aware of the technologies, the largest shares of respondents say the US government should invest in quantum computing and artificial organs.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April 2022 among 1,000 adults in the United States.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Marketing Technology Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Technology:
- Can ChatGPT Write B2B Tech Articles? [Infographic]
- Are You There, ChatGPT? It's Me, Marketing.
- The Essential Digital Marketing Tools for 2023 [Infographic]
- A B2B Marketing Deep Dive on AI Foundations, the Future, and More: Christopher Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- AI for Customer Support: More Meaningful Interactions, Less Costly Resolutions
- The Tech Habits of Americans Age 50+