How much do Americans know about emerging technologies? Do they think those technologies will catch on and be good for society?
The researchers found Americans are most likely to be aware of 3D printing, cryptocurrency, self-driving cars, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence.
Among people who are aware of the technologies, the largest shares of respondents say 3D printing, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, and artificial organs are likely to catch on.
Among people who are aware of the technologies, the largest shares of respondents say 3D printing, artificial organs, and quantum computing will be beneficial for society if they become widespread.
Among people who are aware of the technologies, the largest shares of respondents say the US government should invest in quantum computing and artificial organs.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April 2022 among 1,000 adults in the United States.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Technology:
- Why PR (And Marketing) Pros Need to Embrace Imperfect AI Writing Technology Now
- Seven Ways Businesses Can Harness the Speed of Technology to Reduce Customer Churn
- How AI-Powered Marketing Tools Will Help SMBs
- Empowering B2B Marketing Teams With an AI Content Process: May Habib on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Six Lead Generation Tools to Improve ROI on Your B2B Marketing Funnel
- Worse Than a Black Hole? The Complexity of B2B Martech Stacks