The report was based on data from a survey of 500 sales representatives who work for B2B firms with more than 50 employees.
Respondents say the top challenges they face at the start of the sales cycle are personalizing pitches to individual prospects (38% say they struggle with), qualifying leads (27%), and finding prospects (12%).
B2B sales reps say the things that take the biggest personal toll on them early in the sales cycle are being treated unkindly by disinterested prospects (30% cite), feeling unprofessional when reaching out to non-relevant prospects (28%), and getting frustrated with time wasted on administrative work (27%).
B2B sales reps say they need the most help early in the sales cycle getting data about prospects to start the conversation (30% cite) and getting accurate contact information about leads (22%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 500 sales representatives who work for B2B firms with more than 50 employees.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges
- It's Time to Start Thinking of B2B Marketing as an Investment
- Flexibility That's Focused to Attain B2B Marketing Nirvana | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Five Steps to More Creative Marketing