The report was based on ongoing research involving more than 170,000 people across the globe to assess their attitudes about thousands of brands. The researchers combined those inputs with a financial model of each business to determine the value of the brand (see the complete methodology in the full report).
With a brand value of $947 billion, Apple ranks as the most valuable brand in the world. Google ranks second, and it also had the biggest year-over-year increase in brand value among the top 10 brands (+79%).
Among the 100 most valuable brands, consumer technology and luxury brands had the greatest increases in brand value year over year.
The researchers found that Tesla is the most valuable car brand in 2022, Amazon is the most valuable retail brand, and Louis Vuitton is the most valuable luxury brand.
About the research: The report was based on ongoing research with more than 170,000 people across the globe to assess their attitudes about thousands of brands.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Branding:
- Research: Now Is the Time for Brand Marketing (And Why Data Matters for Brand Marketers)
- Developing an Indispensable Brand-Inspired Growth Strategy | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Brand + Demand: Taking B2B Marketing From Cost Center to Value Center
- The Boomerang Brand: Five Ways to Avoid It and One Time to Embrace It
- The 100 Most Valuable Global Brands [Infographic]
- The 12 Breakthrough Brands of 2023 [Infographic]