The bi-monthly Global Ad Trends report was based on WARC's global advertising and media dataset.
The jump in TV media pricing has been especially pronounced in the US, where average TV CPMs are forecast to reach $73 in 2022, an increase of 40% from pre-COVID costs.
If advertisers were to have maintained the same level of TV investment as in 2019, they would have seen the volume of impressions drop 18 percentage points by 2021 because of rising costs.
The cost of not all media channels have jumped. For example, the average CPM for radio has remained largely unchanged in the US since 2019.
About the research: The bi-monthly Global Ad Trends report was based on WARC's global advertising and media dataset.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- Global Ad Spend Forecast for 2023: A Slowdown Ahead
- A Beginner's Guide to How Google Ads Work
- Digital Ad Strategy 101: A Starting Point
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success: Matthew O'Connor on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Impact of Reddit Ads [Infographic]
- How to Identify What Advertising Strategy Is Best for Your Business: Rebecca Bugger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]