Which data types do B2B marketers and salespeople use most in their go-to-market (GTM) efforts? What are the biggest data challenges facing firms?
Some 40% of respondents say they define "go-to-market" as taking a new product to market, 32% define it as all customer-facing activities, and 15% define it as how they position their company in the market.
B2B marketing and sales leaders say the data types they're using most as part of their GTM efforts are account history (57% cite) and contact data (57% also cite).
Respondents say they are using account data such as intent and technographics as part of their GTM strategy to prioritize accounts (59%) and as competitive intelligence (55%).
B2B marketing and sales leaders say their biggest data challenges are missing or incomplete information (59% cite) and data quality (56%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey in 2022 of 224 high-level B2B sales and marketing leaders (C-level executives, VPs, and directors).
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Stop Trying to Measure Everything, Use an Outcome-Focused Lens Instead
- Strategic Alliances: Benefits and Risks
- Empathy in Marketing: A B2B Gamechanger
- Market Research for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Your Evolving Value Proposition: How to Recognize It and Get Ahead of Agency Competitors
- How to Harness the Power of SMS Marketing: A Guide to Best-Practices