The report was based on data from a survey conducted in June and July, 2022, among 370 marketing leaders at B2B mid-sized and enterprise companies in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Some 19% of respondents say their martech stack is more complex than a black hole, 42% say it is too complex, 21% say it is not complex enough, and 18% say it is just right.
Nearly all (93%) respondents say that replacing, updating, or consolidating tools in their current martech stack would make it function more efficiently.
Senior B2B marketers say the biggest challenges they're seeking to address with new technology investments are normalizing data across systems (35% cite as a goal) and making it easier for tools to talk to one another (33%).
Respondents say their current martech stack includes a wide range of different tools, including CRM systems, content management systems, and marketing automation solutions.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in June and July, 2022, among 370 marketing leaders at B2B mid-market and enterprise companies in the United States and the United Kingdom.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Technology:
- Why PR (And Marketing) Pros Need to Embrace Imperfect AI Writing Technology Now
- Seven Ways Businesses Can Harness the Speed of Technology to Reduce Customer Churn
- How AI-Powered Marketing Tools Will Help SMBs
- Empowering B2B Marketing Teams With an AI Content Process: May Habib on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Six Lead Generation Tools to Improve ROI on Your B2B Marketing Funnel
- Eight Myths of Marketing Automation