Nearly one in five senior B2B marketers say their martech stack is more complex than a black hole, according to recent research from Anteriad and Ascend2.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in June and July, 2022, among 370 marketing leaders at B2B mid-sized and enterprise companies in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Some 19% of respondents say their martech stack is more complex than a black hole, 42% say it is too complex, 21% say it is not complex enough, and 18% say it is just right.
Nearly all (93%) respondents say that replacing, updating, or consolidating tools in their current martech stack would make it function more efficiently.
Senior B2B marketers say the biggest challenges they're seeking to address with new technology investments are normalizing data across systems (35% cite as a goal) and making it easier for tools to talk to one another (33%).
Respondents say their current martech stack includes a wide range of different tools, including CRM systems, content management systems, and marketing automation solutions.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in June and July, 2022, among 370 marketing leaders at B2B mid-market and enterprise companies in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Marketing Technology Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Technology:
- Can ChatGPT Write B2B Tech Articles? [Infographic]
- Are You There, ChatGPT? It's Me, Marketing.
- The Essential Digital Marketing Tools for 2023 [Infographic]
- A B2B Marketing Deep Dive on AI Foundations, the Future, and More: Christopher Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- AI for Customer Support: More Meaningful Interactions, Less Costly Resolutions
- The Tech Habits of Americans Age 50+