The report was based on data from a survey conducted in June and July, 2022, among 370 marketing leaders at B2B mid-sized and enterprise companies in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Some 19% of respondents say their martech stack is more complex than a black hole, 42% say it is too complex, 21% say it is not complex enough, and 18% say it is just right.
marketing technology stack complexity survey results" />
Nearly all (93%) respondents say that replacing, updating, or consolidating tools in their current martech stack would make it function more efficiently.
Senior B2B marketers say the biggest challenges they're seeking to address with new technology investments are normalizing data across systems (35% cite as a goal) and making it easier for tools to talk to one another (33%).
Respondents say their current martech stack includes a wide range of different tools, including CRM systems, content management systems, and marketing automation solutions.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in June and July, 2022, among 370 marketing leaders at B2B mid-market and enterprise companies in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Martech:
- Standards Will Solve Data Clean Room Issues—Here's How
- Why Now Is the Time to Embrace a DXP + DAM Martech Solution
- Six Ways to Unlock Web3 for B2B Marketers
- What Cloud Outages Mean for Your Business [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse: Patrik Wilkens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Essential Digital Marketing Tools for 2023 [Infographic]