How much do content marketers make in 2022?
To find out, Managing Editor surveyed 305 content marketers, most of whom are based in the United States.
For the top seven job titles among respondents, the most commonly reported salary bands are: content marketing manager (between $100,000 and $150,000), content marketing writer ($50,000-$74,999), content marketing director ($100,000-$150,000), content marketing strategist ($75,000-$99,999), managing editor/editor-in-chief ($50,000-$74,999), content marketing editor ($75,000-$99,999), and chief content officer/VP of content ($150,000+).
The benefits most commonly offered to content marketers are paid time off, health plans, and retirement plans.
Most (57%) content marketers surveyed say a bachelor's degree is the highest level of education they have completed.
Some 45% of respondents say they have worked in traditional journalism.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 305 content marketers, most of whom are based in the United States.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Career Development Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Development:
- How to Authentically Brand Yourself in a Digital World | MarketingProfs Live Show
- The Digital Marketing Jobs That Will Be Disrupted Most by AI
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen The Right Career: Christoph Trappe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Responsibilities and Backgrounds of Copywriters
- Want to Beat the Average CMO Tenure? Remake Your Role.
- What Americans Value Most in a Job [Infographic]