Which groups are overrepresented and underrepresented in video ads?
The researchers found women are highly underrepresented in ad creative: Despite making up 50.5% of the US population, they comprise only 34.8% of people shown on screen in ads and 26.6% of people heard in ads.
People ages 20-39 are highly overrepresented in ad creative: They comprise 77.7% of the cast members shown on screen in ads despite making up only 26.7% of the US population.
The researchers found Whites, Blacks, and Asians are overrepresented in video ads relative to their shares of the US population, whereas Hispanics and Latinos are underrepresented.
About the research: The report was based on data from an analysis of more than 1 million video ads deployed to linear and digital platforms in North America in 2022.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- B2B Tech Marketers' Budget Expectations for 2024
- How to Scale Your Paid Search Ads: The Dual-Axis Framework
- The Paid Channels Marketers Plan to Increase Spend On in 2024
- LinkedIn Advertising Benchmarks: Maximizing Your Campaign's Potential
- How B2B Marketers Can Tap Into Out-of-Home Transit Advertising
- Ad Tech Report: Is the Medium Rectangle's Era Over?