Among their many marketing and media capabilities, senior marketers are most confident in their ability to target customers and are least confident in their third-party data analyses, according to recent research from the CMO Council and NCSolutions.
The report was based on data from a survey of 160 marketing leaders in North America.
Some 57% of respondents say they are confident in their ability to accurately and efficiently target customers.
In contrast, only 18% say they are confident in their third-party data evaluations and analyses.
Respondents say the top marketing/media capabilities they plan on improving over the next 12 months are in-flight campaign optimization and campaign targeting.
Senior marketers say the top things holding their marketing/advertising back from reaching its full potential are a lack of budget and a lack of data science/analytical talent.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 160 marketing leaders in North America.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Market Research for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Your Evolving Value Proposition: How to Recognize It and Get Ahead of Agency Competitors
- How to Harness the Power of SMS Marketing: A Guide to Best-Practices
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges