Can AI do a decent job of rewriting the taglines of popular brands?
To find out, Quality Logo Products had a generative AI program rewrite the slogans of 50 top companies. The researchers then surveyed 1,007 Americans to find if they liked the original slogan or the AI-generated slogan better.
Overall, people preferred the slogans generated by AI 46% of the time.
The AI-generated slogans that people preferred most over the original slogans were for Google, Facebook, Samsung, Adobe, GoPro, and Microsoft.
The original slogans that people preferred over the AI-generated slogans included those for McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Walmart, and Pizza Hut.
The slogans that people were fairly evenly split on included those for LEGO, Levi's, and Ford.
About the research: For the report, the researchers had a generative AI program rewrite the slogans of 50 top companies. They then surveyed 1,007 Americans to find if they liked the original slogan or the AI-generated slogan better.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Artificial Intelligence:
- ChatGPT: Marketing Dream or Marketing Disaster | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The AI Conundrum: Should B2B Communicators Embrace ChatGPT?
- Why Some Companies Are Not Increasing Spend on Generative AI
- Revolutionizing B2B Brand Monitoring With AI-Powered Insights: Meghan Bazaman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Attitudes Toward AI Vary Among Countries and Demographics
- Marketers' Biggest Concerns About AI