The report was based on data from a survey of 900+ people who have been involved in B2B purchases exceeding $10,000 in annual value within the previous 24 months.
Some 83% of B2B buyers say they, rather than vendors, generally initiate first contact.
B2B buyers say they are already 70% along in their buyer's journey, on average, before they initiate contact with vendors.
Some 39% of B2B buyers say during their most recent purchase their requirements were set when they contacted vendors; 39% say their requirements changed slightly after contact; 18% say they changed moderately; and 4% say they changed substantially.
B2B buyers say the most common interactions during the buying journey are virtual meetings with vendors, internal meetings with the buying team, in-person meetings with vendors, and consuming vendor content.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 900+ people who have been involved in B2B purchases exceeding $10,000 in annual value within the previous 24 months.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Demand Generation:
- Discovering the Brain Science That Drives B2B Buyer Behavior | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Empowering Sales Success: The Role of Marketing in Sales Enablement | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Attract High-Value Leads With This Five-Step Process
- B2B Revenue Marketing and Closing the Credibility Gap | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Availability Heuristic, Sharks, and Your Marketing
- Crafting a Dynamic Go-to-Market Campaign Plan | Marketing Smarts Live Show