Consider this: Three-quarters of the world's population has a mobile phone, and within the next two years the number of mobile subscriptions will outnumber the number of people.
Consider, too, that nearly half of all mobile phones in the United States are smartphones capable of easily going online and using apps.
Now take into account that 57% of Facebook's nearly 1 billion monthly active users access Facebook on their mobile devices (not exclusively, of course).
All those number augur something big in the making. What that might be may not be exactly clear... but, clearly, the impact on social media and the mobile space will be significant.
As Qwaya puts it in its infographic (see below): "Facebook on mobile: It's time to take it seriously."
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- How to Harness the Power of SMS Marketing: A Guide to Best-Practices
- The State of SMS Marketing in 2023
- Why People Delete Apps From Their Phones
- What Annoys People Most About SMS Marketing
- Four Rules for Riding the Texting Wave Before It's Gone
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market