With mobile devices becoming mightier and more ubiquitous, PCs are beginning to look like their clunkier, less attractive counterparts.
After all, 1.038 billion smartphones are in use; that's one for every 6.7 people on the planet. And Google estimates that by 2013 more people will use mobile phones than desktops PCs to go online.
After gathering research about the migration of PC users to mobile, Moovweb created the following infographic.
Among the findings highlighted in the infographic:
- Media tablet sales were 118.9 million in 2012; by 2016, a total of 369.2 million tablets will be sold.
- Gartner predicts that in 2016 there will be 448 million mobile payment users in a market worth $617 billion.
- In 2012, eBay users purchased $10 billion of goods using their mobile phones.
- 52% of surveyed retailers do not yet have a mobile-optimized website.
Check out the infographic for more info:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market
- The State of SMS Marketing in 2022
- Why People Opt Out of (And In to) Mobile Notifications From Brands
- What People Use Their Smartphones for While at Work
- Five SMS Campaigns for B2B Marketers to Try
- How SMS Automation Bridges the Gap Between Your Sales Team and Customers and Supports Digital Transformation