Some 80% of smartphone users don't leave home without their devices. So, wherever users are, they continue receiving updates, emails, and other forms of info. The deluge of information is steady and powerful.
As social media platforms continue to evolve at an unprecedented rate, businesses find it increasingly difficult to stay on top of all the data.
To show how much data is being shared (and to see what all that data means for businesses), Evzdrop created this infographic, according to which in just one minute...
- 347,000 tweets are shared.
- 510,000 Facebook comments are made.
- 5,100 Instagram photos are liked.
- 48 hours of video are uploaded on YouTube.
With all that happening in just 60 seconds, many businesses feel overwhelmed by the data. Some 97% of tweets aren't seen by businesses; 95% of all Facebook Wall posts aren't answered by brands; and only 44% of customer questions on Twitter are even answered within 24 hours.
"Staying on top of the massive amount of social content is like trying to drink from a fire hose," according to Evzdrop.
Doing that isn't impossible—not if you control how much data is filtering through. For example, Evzdrop suggests, you can use location as a filter. You can then just monitor the mentions from customers or prospects in your area.
For more ideas on handling the deluge of data, check out the following infographic:
Continue reading "Drowning in Data [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Know Whether TikTok Is Right for You or Your Business: Wave Wyld on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Video Ad Specs That Work Across Social Networks [Infographic]
- Does Using More Hashtags on Instagram Increase Views?
- Engagement Trends for Four Major Social Networks [Infographic]
- Creative Best-Practices for TikTok [Infographic]
- A New Approach to Social Media: Aaron Templer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]