Some 19,464 North American marketers were surveyed recently by Act-On about their favorite marketing technologies, tools, and tactics, along with the types of marketing challenges they face and marketing campaigns they launch.
The top 5 technologies that marketers use are email marketing (77%), social media (72%), website visitor tracking (51%), CRM (40%), and webforms (34%), reports Act-On.
And what are the greatest challenges marketers face?
The biggest one is a lack of budget to launch more programs, report 46% of those surveyed. Some 39% mention the resources needed to manage campaigns, and 34% cite implementing effective social media strategy.
Moreover, marketers share that their most implemented campaigns are email marketing (75%), social media (71%), and events and tradeshows (57%).
To learn more about what marketers are doing, check out the following infographic.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Maximizing Your B2B Marketing Budget—Recession Strategies and Tips: Lindsay Boyajian Hagan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Pros and Cons of Printed Marketing Materials
- Customer Marketing: The Key to Surviving the Economic Downturn
- Industry Foresight: Forecasting the Future of Your Market
- First-Party Data Isn't Enough: You'll Need the Right Data Infrastructure to Derive Value From Your Marketing Data
- The Attention Economy—How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts: Doug Binder on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]