If you work at a small business, you might consider establishing a presence on the popular Yelp review site.
Small businesses that took advantage of Yelp business accounts recorded increases in annual revenue, according to a Boston Consulting Group survey.
The average increase in annual revenue for small businesses with Yelp accounts was $8,000, and $23,000 was the average increase in annual revenue for small businesses that paid to advertise on Yelp.
Moreover, 90% of Yelp users say positive reviews influence their buying choices, so you may be missing out on business if you're avoiding Yelp.
Despite the benefits of actively using Yelp, however, 87% of small businesses don't, and 22% of small businesses with Yelp pages never even look at their pages. Accordingly, a small business that is active on Yelp can seize a competitive advantage.
To find out more about the benefits of having a Yelp presence and to learn what consumers are searching for on Yelp, check out the following infographic by Merchant Warehouse:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy