Smart packaging helps its targeted consumers feel an emotional attachment to a brand.
One-third of consumer decision-making is based on packaging, according to research cited by The Paper Worker in the following infographic.
The infographic provides a look at the various elements of product packaging and how they influence consumers.
One crucial element of successful packaging is an icon: "Emotions are often also connected to brand icons as memories and feelings can be brought up on sight, leading to long-term relationships between the brand and the consumer," states The Paper Worker.
Color also heavily influences purchasing decisions, as does typography.
Moreover, design is capable of not only inspiring a purchase from the targeted consumer but also creating a ripple effect: "A friend snapping a photo of attractive packaging and sharing it on Facebook has great potential for being quickly shared by others, therefore attracting new customers," suggests the following infographic.
To find out more about packaging that influences purchases, check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- Discovering the Brain Science That Drives B2B Buyer Behavior | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Customer Data Platform vs. Customer Engagement Platform: Differences and Use-cases
- A B2B Deep Dive Into Consumer Patience and Time to Win: Jay Baer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What B2B Software Buyers Look for in Online Reviews
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- The Attention Economy: How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts | Marketing Smarts Live Show