The e-commerce world is rapidly changing, with fierce competition on a global scale.
"In the United States, e-commerce is growing at 4X the rate of retail, while in China, it grew a staggering 51% in 2013," reports Baynote in the following infographic.
The 302 largest e-tailers in France, Germany, and the UK grew combined sales 16.7% in 2013.
By comparison, the sales of the 46 largest e-tailers in Italy, Portugal, and Spain grew 26.6%.
Moreover, "Indian e-commerce is expected to grow from $13B in 2013 to $50B-$70B by 2020," according to a forecast cited by Baynote.
To learn more about the big contenders in e-commerce, check out the infographic.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- The Top Challenges B2B Sales Reps Face Early in the Sales Cycle
- Five Ways Marketing Can Support the Sales Process to Maximize Growth
- It's 2022: Do You Know Where Your Sales Reps Are?
- [Video] How to Use Neuroscience to Increase Your Demand Gen Success Threefold
- How Well Do B2B Firms Handle Routing Sales Leads?
- How to Conquer Remote Selling Challenges and Reach the Top of the Leaderboard