Test your emails to find out the best way to engage your subscribers and develop your email channel.
The following infographic by Email Monks highlights email testing tips, best-practices, and essential elements of a successful email campaign.
Before you start testing, you need to decide whether to do A/B or multivariate testing. A/B testing compares two versions of a single variable to see which ones has more opens and clicks. "Multivariate testing compares more than two versions of an email in a live environment," explains Email Monks.
The advantages of A/B testing are that it's faster to perform than mulitvariate testing and it has a more dramatic affect on conversion rate.
The advantages of mutivariate testing are that "isolating many small elements to understand their individual effect on the conversion rate is possible," states Email Monks. "A multivariate test can detect compound effects of interaction between independent elements."
To find out more about testing email campaigns and their essential elements, click or tap on the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- 12 Email List Management Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Keep Top of Mind for Your Next Email Service Provider RFP
- Enterprise Email Marketing: Top Trends and Challenges
- Six Steps for Branding Your Emails Like a Pro [Infographic]
- The Anatomy of a Great Sales Outreach Email [Infographic]
- Seven Post-Purchase Email Conversations That Will Foster Customer Trust and Loyalty