Marketing automation has grown to a $1.65 billion industry, according to the following Marketing Automation Insider infographic. An estimated 142,00 businesses now use marketing automation.
Here's a look at the rise of marketing automation and reasons for its popularity.
The first marketing automation tool was Unica in 1992.
Due to faster Internet speeds in 2006, marketing automation vendors began creating Cloud-based tools.
The emergence and popularity of social media also spurred email marketing vendors to build other automated marketing tools.
To find out more about marketing automation's growth and reasons for it, click or tap on the infographic:
Continue reading "The Rise of Marketing Automation [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- Nearly Painless Change Management: Katie Robbert of Trust Insights on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Marketing Service Chain: How to Improve Customer Experience and Strengthen Your Brand
- How to Turn Your Organization Into an Innovation Powerhouse: Carla Johnson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Tips for Choosing the Perfect Martech Stack
- How to Hire a Marketing Agency and Build a Productive Relationship