Marketing automation has grown to a $1.65 billion industry, according to the following Marketing Automation Insider infographic. An estimated 142,00 businesses now use marketing automation.
Here's a look at the rise of marketing automation and reasons for its popularity.
The first marketing automation tool was Unica in 1992.
Due to faster Internet speeds in 2006, marketing automation vendors began creating Cloud-based tools.
The emergence and popularity of social media also spurred email marketing vendors to build other automated marketing tools.
To find out more about marketing automation's growth and reasons for it, click or tap on the infographic:
Continue reading "The Rise of Marketing Automation [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- The Power of One (Or How to Effect Change): Keith Jennings on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Level-Up Your Company Culture [Infographic]
- Chief Marketer Survey: The Biggest Marketing Leadership Deficiencies
- 10 Tips for Boosting Employee Engagement and Creating a Happy Workplace
- Great Leaders Don't Buff Out Their Dents! 'You Lead' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]