Marketing automation has grown to a $1.65 billion industry, according to the following Marketing Automation Insider infographic. An estimated 142,00 businesses now use marketing automation.
Here's a look at the rise of marketing automation and reasons for its popularity.
The first marketing automation tool was Unica in 1992.
Due to faster Internet speeds in 2006, marketing automation vendors began creating Cloud-based tools.
The emergence and popularity of social media also spurred email marketing vendors to build other automated marketing tools.
To find out more about marketing automation's growth and reasons for it, click or tap on the infographic:
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Assessing Your CRM Implementation: Two Questions to Ask Yourself
- How to Solve Conflicts With Your Business Partners by Developing Win-Win Agreements
- How Stanley Black and Decker Accelerated Digital Transformation: Orlando Gadea and Alexandre Soncini on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Workers Want From Their Employers Right Now
- Advancing Racial Justice, One Decision at a Time: Lee Deas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]