Marketing automation has grown to a $1.65 billion industry, according to the following Marketing Automation Insider infographic. An estimated 142,00 businesses now use marketing automation.
Here's a look at the rise of marketing automation and reasons for its popularity.
The first marketing automation tool was Unica in 1992.
Due to faster Internet speeds in 2006, marketing automation vendors began creating Cloud-based tools.
The emergence and popularity of social media also spurred email marketing vendors to build other automated marketing tools.
To find out more about marketing automation's growth and reasons for it, click or tap on the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- Company Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: How to Overcome Challenges and Drive True Change
- How to Budget Strategically for Your Digital Marketing Campaigns
- How to Build a Great Marketing Team in 2023: Paul Flaharty on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why PR (And Marketing) Pros Need to Embrace Imperfect AI Writing Technology Now
- Why In-House Brand and Creative Teams Restructure
- Seven Ways Businesses Can Harness the Speed of Technology to Reduce Customer Churn