To reach this summer's estimated 222 million travelers, the global travel industry must engage travelers offline and online via various technologies.
Here's a look at the top five digital business trends affecting travel this summer.
Mobile's effect is enormous on travelers: "62% think it's important for hotels to allow bookings on mobile devices," according to the following SDL infographic. Moreover, 56% of travelers use their smartphone to check flight status.
Travelers also use online travel agency (OTA) metasearch as an efficient way to get a quick view of the market, states SDL: "64% refer to a travel research site like TripAdvisor for travel inspiration."
To find out more about how digital trends are shaping travel this summer, tap or click on the infographic.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Smoking Brisket and the Customer Experience: Art and Science With Christian Selchau-Hansen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Conversational Marketing: What Customers Want
- How the B2B Purchase Process Has Changed in 2020
- Marketing From A to [Gen]Z: 'Zconomy' Author Jason Dorsey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees