The whirlwind of basketball games that is March Madness presents a huge opportunity for marketers to expand their cross-channel customer engagement.
Check out these stats from last March Madness for tips on scoring big this this year.
Last year, a whopping 11.3M average total people viewed the games; it was the highest average viewership in 22 years, according to the following Koeppel Direct infographic.
Moreover, there were 17.8M hours of live video streams, and 3509M total social impressions across Facebook and Twitter.
Digital ad spending by device last year was $30.4B for smartphones and tablets, and $27.6B for desktops and laptops.
To find out more about marketing, advertising, and cross-device viewership, check out the infographic.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- The Attention Economy: How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- What Makes B2B Tech Buyers Distrust Brands?
- The Availability Heuristic, Sharks, and Your Marketing
- Discovering the Brain Science That Drives B2B Buyer Behavior: Nancy Harhut on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- World-Class Case Studies; Building Trust on the Internet | Marketing Smarts Live Show