"Your email database is the foundation of your email marketing strategy," an infographic by Campaigner Email Marketing rightly states.
If your email bounce rate is greater than 3-5%, consider that as a sign your email list needs a good scrubbing, according to the infographic.
Emailing only to contacts who are likely to interact with your email campaigns is crucial, Campaigner points out.
Why? For various reasons. If, for example, there are too many bounces, you risk getting blocked, or even blacklisted.
For some best-practices and other information on email list hygiene, check the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success: Michael Barber on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now: Jay Schwedelson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Email Newsletters: Nine New Best-Practices
- How to Charge Up Your Email Marketing With Video Enhancements
- When and How to Use Plain-Text Email in Marketing: Use Cases, Design Best-Practices
- Email at Scale: How to Increase Campaigns and Manage Complexity