There are over 2.3 billion active social media users in the world, across all generations, but each generation interacts with social media differently, according to an infographic by WebpageFX.
Will your social strategy work for all of them? Are you speaking to your target audience in the most effective way?
For example, 32% of teens say Instagram is their favorite social media platform, whereas only 8% of Generation X even uses the platform actively, data cited in the infographic claims.
And as Generation Z moves away from Facebook and email, the best ways to reach this group are user-generated content campaigns and incentives for participation, WebpageFX suggests.
More than half (58%) of Baby Boomers, on the other hand, are willing to visit a company's website after encountering the brand on social media. And since 84% of Boomers have Facebook profiles, placing links in your Facebook ads may be a smart move.
For more on how each generation interacts with the major social platforms, check out the infographic:
Continue reading "Spanning the Decades: How to Market to Each Generation on Social Media [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Know Whether TikTok Is Right for You or Your Business: Wave Wyld on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Video Ad Specs That Work Across Social Networks [Infographic]
- Does Using More Hashtags on Instagram Increase Views?
- Engagement Trends for Four Major Social Networks [Infographic]
- Creative Best-Practices for TikTok [Infographic]
- A New Approach to Social Media: Aaron Templer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]