If more than one-third of the world is on social media, how can you make sure the right message gets to the right people?
The infographic suggests one way is to know your audience by generation. For example, it cites a statistic that Generation Z prefers to see real people rather than celebrities in their advertisements, and that 68% of Generation X makes buying decisions based on reviews.
The infographic also provides an overview of some of the major social media channels; it notes, for example, that 79% of all Twitter accounts are outside the US, and 65% of leading brands have an Instagram account.
To see more about how different generations use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest, check out the infographic:
Continue reading "Social Media Use by Generation [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How Including Links in LinkedIn Posts Affects Engagement
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach