If more than one-third of the world is on social media, how can you make sure the right message gets to the right people?
The infographic suggests one way is to know your audience by generation. For example, it cites a statistic that Generation Z prefers to see real people rather than celebrities in their advertisements, and that 68% of Generation X makes buying decisions based on reviews.
The infographic also provides an overview of some of the major social media channels; it notes, for example, that 79% of all Twitter accounts are outside the US, and 65% of leading brands have an Instagram account.
To see more about how different generations use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Is B2B TikTok Right for Your Business? Three Questions to Ask
- Google vs. Social Media Algorithms: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share