Today's infographic will bring you either joy (as a marketer) or grief (as a consumer).
Influencer marketing company MediaKix compiled time usage stats for various social media platforms and put the data together in a handy infographic.
The average time spent daily on each of five major social media platforms varies from one minute on Twitter to forty minutes on YouTube, both of which add up to quite a bit over a lifetime.
For instance, those forty minutes per day on YouTube will average out to one year, ten months over a lifetime. And you can plan to spend another year plus seven months on Facebook.
People spend more time on social media than they do eating and drinking, the infographic suggests, but less than they do watching television.
To see time spent across YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter, check out the infographic:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Turn Your Social Media Marketing Into a Profit Center [Infographic]