This week's 'Skim covers all sorts of LinkedIn goodies and social networking milestones: LinkedIn officially hits a half billion users globally, rolls out new Matched Audience features for even better ad targeting; Instagram's growth accelerates dramatically, nears 1 billion users; Twitter reports its strongest growth in over a year, reveals plans to livestream content 24/7; Pinterest calls it quits with social networking; Facebook's new split-test feature for ads; and much more…
Skim to stay a step ahead of the rest!
1. LinkedIn hits new milestones
LinkedIn announced it's hit a major milestone and threw around some interesting new figures that show just how global a player the professional social network has become. It now only counts 500 million members across 200 countries but also plays host to more than 10 million jobs, boasts more than 100 million published articles per week, and provides users access to more than 9 million companies worldwide.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Timeline of Select Social Media Platforms [Infographic]
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019