Yesterday we highlighted an infographic by Izea that mapped out how to target your Twitter ads, and today the influencer marketing platform offers a similar guide for targeting Facebook and Instagram ads.
The infographic starts off with a few statistics that show just how powerful ad targeting on the social media platforms can be.
For instance, in just one month, 120 million Instagrammers got in touch with a business as a result of an ad. The infographic also claims that Facebook ad reach is 89% accurate, compared with 38% reach accuracy for other online ads.
So let's get started: How can you target ads on Facebook and Twitter? The infographic explains six ways:
- Location: You can go beyond just home or work ZIP code: Target people who have recently visited a location or plan to visit a location.
- Demographics: This category covers everything from the basics (such as age, gender, and language) to the more advanced (such as politics, parenting status, relationship length, and education level).
- Behaviors: This category combines online behavior info based on actions taken on Facebook and Instagram with offline behavior data from trusted partners.
- Interests: From entertainment to shopping, you can target people based on information in their profiles as well as pages and posts that they like.
- Life events: Target an audience by birthday, home purchase, birth of a baby, and more.
- Customized audience: Find and target people who have similar interests to your target audience, who have visited your website, or who are in a specified contact list.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Amazon for Brands: Top 5 Problems and How to Overcome Them
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels