Yesterday we highlighted an infographic by Izea that mapped out how to target your Twitter ads, and today the influencer marketing platform offers a similar guide for targeting Facebook and Instagram ads.
The infographic starts off with a few statistics that show just how powerful ad targeting on the social media platforms can be.
For instance, in just one month, 120 million Instagrammers got in touch with a business as a result of an ad. The infographic also claims that Facebook ad reach is 89% accurate, compared with 38% reach accuracy for other online ads.
So let's get started: How can you target ads on Facebook and Twitter? The infographic explains six ways:
- Location: You can go beyond just home or work ZIP code: Target people who have recently visited a location or plan to visit a location.
- Demographics: This category covers everything from the basics (such as age, gender, and language) to the more advanced (such as politics, parenting status, relationship length, and education level).
- Behaviors: This category combines online behavior info based on actions taken on Facebook and Instagram with offline behavior data from trusted partners.
- Interests: From entertainment to shopping, you can target people based on information in their profiles as well as pages and posts that they like.
- Life events: Target an audience by birthday, home purchase, birth of a baby, and more.
- Customized audience: Find and target people who have similar interests to your target audience, who have visited your website, or who are in a specified contact list.
To learn how to make your Facebook and Instagram ads as targeted as possible, check out the infographic. Just tap or click to see a larger version.
Continue reading "The Complete Guide to Facebook and Instagram Advertising Targeting Options [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- The Target CPA Hype Is Real: A Checklist for Marketers
- How to Reach Families Watching On-Demand Video: Charles Gabriel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Ad Tech Failed the Middle Market. When Will We Learn?
- B2B US Digital Ad Spend Forecast for 2021-2023
- Entertaining or Excessive? People's Perceptions of Various Ad Channels