Employee recognition is crucial to keeping a happy team, no matter the industry you're in. When 49% of employees report they are dissatisfied with the recognition they receive, managers should take note.
Improved recognition can mean better work, according to the infographic, which reports that 69% of employees would work harder if they felt their efforts were better appreciated, and 50% of employees say that something as simple as being thanked by a manager improves the relationship.
Even a small effort can pay off. Employees in an organization that makes recognition a focus are seven times more likely to stay, according to the infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Company Behaviors That Employees Won't Tolerate
- Putting Heart Into Your Business: 'Heartificial Empathy' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Engagement: Three Ways to Improve Your Strategy and Approach
- The Most Unacceptable Office Communication Habits and Manager Behaviors
- Is Workplace Competition Good for Marketers? [Infographic]