By now you've heard of machine-learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI), but understanding these technologies can be overwhelming.
Today's infographic explores what ML and AI can do for marketers and why these technologies are more than just buzzwords.
- Machine-learning is the "ability to give machines access to data and let them learn for themselves."
- Artificial intelligence is "a machine's ability to carry out tasks in a way that we would consider 'smart.'"
The infographic shows how various industries are achieving results with ML and AI, including a statistic that the technologies have helped retail companies report a 30% increase in online sales with dynamic pricing and personalization. Also, retailers are seeing two million fewer product returns thanks to more accurate demand forecasting.
In a B2B sense, companies expect higher content ROI because they can quickly and accurately surface the best-performing content, the infographic explains.
To see how companies are using ML and AI to gain valuable insights, boost productivity, and spend less time researching prospects and qualifying leads, check out the infographic. Just tap or click to see a larger version:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Maximizing Your B2B Marketing Budget—Recession Strategies and Tips: Lindsay Boyajian Hagan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Pros and Cons of Printed Marketing Materials
- Customer Marketing: The Key to Surviving the Economic Downturn
- Industry Foresight: Forecasting the Future of Your Market
- First-Party Data Isn't Enough: You'll Need the Right Data Infrastructure to Derive Value From Your Marketing Data
- The Attention Economy—How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts: Doug Binder on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]