With Internet penetration increasing every day, it’s no surprise that in 2017 there have been more Internet users than ever. In turn, that has naturally led to a massive increase in the number of social media users.
For example, there are 2.8 billion global social media users, or the equivalent of 37% of the world, according to an infographic by Marketo and Salesforce consultants Grazitti Interactive, based on a report by We Are Social and Hootsuite.
Fully 91% of social media users access social platforms via mobile devices, states the infographic, which means marketers absolutely need to have a mobile-first strategy in place.
That strategy should apply not only to social media marketing but also to a brand's overall online experience, as 66% of the world uses mobile devices.
Take a look at the infographic to see how digital and social platforms have been growing in recent years:
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- The Social Networks Used Most by B2B Marketers
- You CAN Use Social Media for B2B (Even in a Pandemic): 'Ultimate Guide to Social Media' Authors Talk With Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Marketers Can Succeed With Instagram Stories [Infographic]
- Your B2B Influencer Strategy: How to Get it Right
- Retargeting on LinkedIn: What B2B Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]