With Internet penetration increasing every day, it’s no surprise that in 2017 there have been more Internet users than ever. In turn, that has naturally led to a massive increase in the number of social media users.
For example, there are 2.8 billion global social media users, or the equivalent of 37% of the world, according to an infographic by Marketo and Salesforce consultants Grazitti Interactive, based on a report by We Are Social and Hootsuite.
Fully 91% of social media users access social platforms via mobile devices, states the infographic, which means marketers absolutely need to have a mobile-first strategy in place.
That strategy should apply not only to social media marketing but also to a brand's overall online experience, as 66% of the world uses mobile devices.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]