With Internet penetration increasing every day, it’s no surprise that in 2017 there have been more Internet users than ever. In turn, that has naturally led to a massive increase in the number of social media users.
For example, there are 2.8 billion global social media users, or the equivalent of 37% of the world, according to an infographic by Marketo and Salesforce consultants Grazitti Interactive, based on a report by We Are Social and Hootsuite.
Fully 91% of social media users access social platforms via mobile devices, states the infographic, which means marketers absolutely need to have a mobile-first strategy in place.
That strategy should apply not only to social media marketing but also to a brand's overall online experience, as 66% of the world uses mobile devices.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- Six Lead Generation Tactics to Use in Your Social Media Channels
- How Quickly Should Brands Respond to Consumers on Social Media?
- What Consumers Want From Brands: Transparency on Social Media