With Internet penetration increasing every day, it’s no surprise that in 2017 there have been more Internet users than ever. In turn, that has naturally led to a massive increase in the number of social media users.
For example, there are 2.8 billion global social media users, or the equivalent of 37% of the world, according to an infographic by Marketo and Salesforce consultants Grazitti Interactive, based on a report by We Are Social and Hootsuite.
Fully 91% of social media users access social platforms via mobile devices, states the infographic, which means marketers absolutely need to have a mobile-first strategy in place.
That strategy should apply not only to social media marketing but also to a brand's overall online experience, as 66% of the world uses mobile devices.
Take a look at the infographic to see how digital and social platforms have been growing in recent years:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Is B2B TikTok Right for Your Business? Three Questions to Ask
- Google vs. Social Media Algorithms: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share