With Internet penetration increasing every day, it’s no surprise that in 2017 there have been more Internet users than ever. In turn, that has naturally led to a massive increase in the number of social media users.
For example, there are 2.8 billion global social media users, or the equivalent of 37% of the world, according to an infographic by Marketo and Salesforce consultants Grazitti Interactive, based on a report by We Are Social and Hootsuite.
Fully 91% of social media users access social platforms via mobile devices, states the infographic, which means marketers absolutely need to have a mobile-first strategy in place.
That strategy should apply not only to social media marketing but also to a brand's overall online experience, as 66% of the world uses mobile devices.
Take a look at the infographic to see how digital and social platforms have been growing in recent years:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Social Media Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Spotify Marketing: A Beginner's Guide [Infographic]
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Social Media
- How Business Owners Feel About Twitter's New Check Marks [Infographic]
- 24 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media [Infographic]
- Wither Facebook? The Social Platforms Used Most in 2023
- How B2B Marketers Can Use an Organic Social Media Strategy for Success in 2023: Dorien Morin-van Dam on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]